Wow! I can’t believe it’s almost been a year since I began my journey with Shepherd Road Presbyterian Church. In that time ... Read more
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God, totally trustworthy in all it intends to teach.
- There is one God who exists eternally in three persons --- Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the second person of the Trinity. In the virgin birth He became united with human nature and is both fully God and fully man. He is not one of many ways to God, nor simply a cultural expression of God, but the unique Son of God who makes God known to us and who alone can provide for our forgiveness and salvation. The assurance of these truths is given to us in the historical event of Christ’s sacrificial death and bodily resurrection. One day, He will return to consummate history and to fulfill the eternal plan of God.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. His work in our lives makes us aware of our need for God, calls us to humble repentance and so renews our hearts as to reproduce the likeness of Christ in us. He provides each person who becomes a child of God with gifts by which we can serve God, advance His Kingdom and strengthen His people.
- All people are created in God’s image and matter deeply to Him. Central to the message of the Bible is that God loves people, and invites them to live in communion with Him and in community with each other.
- A person becomes a child of God by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is completely a work of God’s free grace; it is not the result of our works or goodness.
- All who acknowledge Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are united with Him as members of His body, the one true Church. The local church is a congregation of believers who gather for worship, prayer, instruction, encouragement, mutual accountability, and community with each other. Through it, believers invest time, energy, and resources to grow in the Great Commandment (love God/love people) and to fulfill the Great Commission (go and make disciples of all nations).